Page Section Module for SXA is a module that will allow marketers and content editor to easily add a section component to a page using experience editor that will enable marketers to:
- Set up page section parameters and properties in an easy/ graphic manner;
- Trigger a goal on the section once it gets visible on the screen (through scrolling). Allowing marketers to understand if a specific content in a section is being shown/reached or not.
What problem doest it solve?
We have identified when connecting with marketeers and content editors that most of them want to follow a specific layout pattern when adding content to pages. So far the components available using Sitecore Experience Editor and SXA don’t allow as much customization as they often require. This module is focused on drag n drop components normalization while being able to customize. Finally, is useful as a data collector and decision support through its goal setting feature.
- Sitecore 9.1.0 (rev.001564)
- Sitecore Experience Accelerator 1.8 (rev. 181112)
- Navigate to any page
- Open the Experience Editor, go to the toolbox, find the tab “Page Structure” and drag the “Page Section” component.
- Create a new item and select it as datasource.
- Click on the “pencil” icon to edit the datasource fields.
- Click on the “bucket” icon to edit the component properties.
- To assign a goal, click on the “pencil” icon, find a drop link field with the name “Goal” and select a goal.
- After that, publish it